Really? I am 1.5 days away from school being over. I am so tired. There is this massive weariness when you end a school year. Questions surface like, have I failed him, is she ready for second grade, will his reading abilities sustain over the summer, will kids pick on her next year? They all haunt you. Hence why I am writing at nearly 1 in the morning...There goes my a.m. run. It is amazing to think that 6 years ago I started my teaching career and now I am just not sure what I will do when I grow up. It's funny how we make wrap our identifies up by a few words like, Oh, I'm a mom, I'm a cook, I'm a pilot, I'm a teacher. Really? Am I a teacher or am I just a person who teaches? As I look towards the wide open spaces of Texas I wonder who I will become. Scary!!! But good.
Someone put me to bed. Good grief!!!
On the eve of 22 years following Christ...
10 years ago
1 comment:
I know how you feel!! Waking up in the middle of the night thinking about your children. Isnt' that funny that we call them our kids? I worry about them every day even though school has been out for more than 3 weeks! I think of those ones on the edge, will they make next year? Did I teach them enough? Did I give them enough attention?
And now I don't know if I want to teach! I am not sure what I want to do with my life! Good for you for moving and making an adventure for yourself! I wish you all of the best in your new town! You will have lots to talk about!
Alison
Post a Comment